by Luis Geraldes Portugal Oil on Canvas 100 x 80 cm WCD001
by Luis Geraldes Portugal Oil on Canvas 100 x 80 cm WCD002
LUIS GERALDES BIOGRAPHY
Luis Geraldes 1957
Luis Geraldes, a painter, sculptor and ceramic artist.
Geraldes was born in Portugal, lived in Angola for 15 years. In 1975 he went back to Portugal as a refugee from the civil war in Angola. Now Geraldes lives between Australia and Portugal, Spending a lot of time in South East Asia such as Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
In Portugal Geraldes did his army service, took a degree at IADE Creative University, pursued his artistic career and became an art teacher.
In 1985 migrated to Australia. Over the years he did two post graduations in Painting and Education., a Masters Degree in Fine Art and he is a candidate to a PhD in Fine art.
In Australia he continued his artistic en-devours while teaching at RMIT. As an academic Geraldes has taken educational posts at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, West Metropolitan Institute of TAFE, Central Gippsland Institute and Lavalla College.
Geraldes art, are represented over the world in private and government collections. Among them, two large Ceramics murals in Sydney Australia, a total of 50 meters long by 4 meters high. 4 meter high sculpture in Algarve Portugal. a 23 sq meters painting (fresco) at a Court House in Mondin de Basto Portugal among many others.
His paintings are also represented in Art Museums, among them; Museum of Modern Art Haifa Israel, Museu do Chiado Lisbon Portugal, Ismaili Center of Lisbon Portugal, Museum of Contemporary Art-Madeira Island and Culturgest (art bank) Lisbon Portugal.
Luis Geraldes Paintings have been selling at art auctions such as CHRISTIE'S London.
International contacts and enquirers are most welcome; Geraldes is vailable for contacts about medium to large scale ceramic murals for buildings, bridges, public walls, metro stations and other public places. Also Geraldes can be commissioned Installations and Medium to large scale sculptures for public places and private properties.
2012/ Candidate to PhD
2000/03 Master Degree of Fine Arts, Monash University, Australia.
1998/99 Post Graduate / Painting, Monash University, Australia.
1988/89 Post Graduate / Diploma in Education at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia.
1981/84 Degree in Art and Design, IADE, Institute of Art and Design, Lisbon. Portugal
2000/12 Teacher – Art, Design and Technology at Lavalla College
1995/99 Lecturer – Art and Design Department – Central Gippsland Institute of TAFE, Yallourn, Australia.
1990/94 Lecturer in the Art Dept. of RMIT – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
1988/91 Lecturer at Western Institute of TAFE, Melbourne, Australia
1984/85 Art & Design Teacher at Secondary School, Sebastiao e Silva, Oeiras, Portugal
1980/81 Art & Design Teacher at Campos de Melo Technical College, Covilha Portugal
- The Encyclopedia of Australia Art, page No. 284. 1994 by Alan McCulloch / Susan McCuloch
- Perspectives on Visual Arts, page No. 14 by Belinda Vaughan, 1986
- Australian Artists, Directory, by Anne Verbeeck, Pages No. 37 and 141, 1988 Print Council
- Maribyrnong River Edge Art Movement, Studio Guide 89/90, page No. 13.
- Artists and Galleries of Australia, by Max Germaine, page no. 246, 1991
- Who’s Who of Australian Visual Artists, by THORPE NAVA, pages no. 70 and 79, 1991. Second edition, page 108, 1995
- Australian International Art Fair, page no. 10, 1988
- Artforce magazine, no. 54 page no. 3, 1986
- We Are Australia, page 45, 2001
- Artland, magazine, Sale Regional Art Gallery, page no.5, Oct to Dec 2000
- Alliance Francaise Magazine, Melbourne. June 1990 page no. 22 & 23. June edition 1993.
- THE AGE – page 8, 16.2.1990
- The Australian Jewish News, page no. 27, 29/9/1989. Page 39, 13/5/2003. Page 1 and 3, Lifestyle supplement 25/6/1993
- Sydney Morning Herald, good living page no14,15 04/03/03
- A Buyers Guide to Australian Art, page No. 123 by Graham Ryle, 1992
- Mexendo no Bau, Luis Geraldes / Filinto Elisio, Letras Varias Editora
- 50 YEARS OF painting And Sculpture in Portugal, November 1999, page 90 and 248 by Universitaria Editora
- Contemporary Art, Caixa Geral de Depositos, page, 232
- Art 98, page 331-332, by Fernando Infante do Carmo
- 200 Potuguese Artists, June 1992, page no. 356 & 357 by Fernando Infante do Carmo
- JL Jornal de Letras, January 1992 by Cristina Azevedo Tavares
- Holmes Place magazine, page 02/out/inv/02
- Expresso Revista, page 28 01/06/02 and page no.14, 27/06/05
- CARAS Revista, page 10,11,12,13,14. no.326, seminal, 10/11/2001
- DNA, Diario de Noticias,no 467, Perfil page no.30, 31, 11/11/2005
- Jornal do Fundao, page no.22, 23, 24/06/2005
- Jornal Nova Guarda, page no.3 14/01/2004
- Casa e Decoracao, April 1985 and Marco 1992
- TEMPO, no. 84, page53, 29/06/2005
- Casa e Jardim, page no. 16, February, 1993
- Jornal do Exercito, March 1981, pages no. 2 & 51
- Jornal – Correio da Manha, 8-1-92. 6-1-93. 5-1-94. 12-1-94
- Artes Plasticas Magazine, Feb./Mar. page no. 47, 1992 by Rosita Gouveia
- Correio da Manha-Magazine, 5-92 p.36-7; 17-1-93 p.42,43. 21-1-94 p. 44, 45
- Marie Claire, No. 40 Page 116 – Feb 1992
2011 Mexendo no Bau, Luis Geraldes / Filinto Elisio, Letras Varias Editora
1998 Art Business and Practice, National Curriculum for the visual Arts, OTS, TAFE, Melbourne, Australia
2000 Western Visions of the Spiritual in Art, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
2003 Power of the Esoteric in Art, Science and Spirit, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
2011 Mexendo no Bau, Letras Varias editora, Lisboa, Portugal
2011 Painting SOLD at Christie's Auction House London, Christies Cat.
2012 Painting SOLD at Christie's Auction House London Christies Cat.
- National Museum of Modern Art, Haifa – Israel
- Modern Art Museum, Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
- Caixa Geral de Depositos (Art Bank), Lisbon – Portugal
- Chiado Museum, Lisbon – Portugal
- City of Petersham, 4 meters x 17 meters long, street ceramic mural, Sydney, Australia
- MOMA Tondela, Fernando and Estela Ferreira Art Foundation, Tondela, Portugal
- Tecnopolo, Secretaria Regional da Regiao Autonoma da Madeira, Madeira Island, Portugal
- Museum Francisco Tavares Proenca Junior, Castelo Branco – Portugal
- National Museum of Art, Luanda – Angola
- Potuguese Museum, Sydney – Australia
- Ministry of Justice, 24 sq. meters mural, Felgueiras e Mondim de Basto – Portugal
- City of Petersham, 3 meters x 30 meters long, street ceramic mural, Sydney, Australia
- Western Metropolitan Institute of Technology
- City Council of Covilha, Portugal
- CAE, Melbourne, Australia
- City Council of Marrickville, NSW, Australia
- Vila Sol, 4 meters high sculpture, golf course, tie 16, Algarve, Portugal
2013 See.Me NYC, USA
2009 Red Square Gallery, Singapore
2008 Red Square Gallery, Singapore
2007 Red Square Gallery, Singapore
2006 Mahoneys Gallery of Art, Melbourne, Australia
2006 Arqué Galeria de Arte, Lisboa, Portugal.
2005 Arqué Galeria de Arte, Lisboa, Portugal.
2004 Galeria S. Mamede, Lisboa, Portugal.
2004 Tasmania Museum & Art Gallery, Hobart, Austrália.
2003 Monash University, Caulfield Gallery, Austrália.
2003 Galeria S. Mamede, Lisboa, Portugal.
2002 New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale, Austrália.
2002 Arena Art Space, Amesterdam, Holanda.
2002 Galeria S. Mamede, Lisboa, Portugal.
2001 Galeria Dário Ramos, Porto, Portugal.
2001 George Adams Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
2001 Canberra Museum & Art Gallery, Canberra, Austrália.
2000 Bienal Domingos Sequeira, Galeria Bairro Alto, Lisboa, Portugal.
2000 Haifa Museum of Modern Art, Haifa, Israel.
2000 Monash University, Caulfield, Austrália.
1999 Pottoff Galeria , Lisboa, Portugal.
1998 Sale Regional Gallery, Sale (NGV), Austrália.
1997 Adelaide Arts Festival, Austrália.
1996 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1995 Glen Eira Arts Complex, Caulfield, Austrália.
1994 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1993 Galeria S. Francisco, Lisboa, Portugal.
1993 Del Bello Art Gallery, Toronto, Canadá.
1993 Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Canadá.
1993 Museu da Catalunha, Espanha.
1992 ADOGI Taller Galeria Fort, Barcelona, Espanha.
1992 Nations Salon de Paris, França.
1992 Galeria S. Francisco, Lisboa, Portugal.
1991 Gretz Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1989 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1988 International Art Fair Sydney, Austrália.
1987 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
2013 See.Me Digital Art Gallery, NYC, USA
2013 Red Square Gallery, Singapore
2012 Red Square Gallery, Singapore
2011 Museu Sao Roque, Lisboa Portugal
2011 Red Square Gallery, Singapore
2010 BSG Brunswick Street Gallery, Melbourne Australia
2009 Biennale Florence Italy
2008 Galeria DA Miguel Bombarda, Porto, Portugal
2005 Arqué Galeria de Arte, Lisboa, Portugal.
2003 Monash University, Switchback Gallery Gippsland, Austrália.
2002 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
2001 Lídia Cruz Galeria, Leiria, Portugal.
2001 Survey exhibition, Sale Regional Art Gallery (NGV), Sale, Austrália.
2000 Marca Madeira 2000, Feira de Arte, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.
2000 25 years retrospective, Latrobe Regional Gallery Morwell (NGV), Austrália.
1999 Domus Varius, Galeria de Arte, Lisboa, Portugal.
1997 Pottoff Galeria de Arte , Lisboa, Portugal.
1996 Glen Eira Arts Complex, Melbourne, Austrália.
1995 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1994 Steps Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1994 Portuguese Museum, Sydney, Austrália.
1994 Galeria S. Francisco, Lisboa, Portugal.
1994 Alliance Francaise, Melbourne, Austrália.
1993 Galeria S. Francisco, Lisboa, Portugal.
1993 Roar Studios, Melbourne, Austrália.
1992 Gretz Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1992 Galeria S. Francisco, Lisboa,Portugal.
1991 Artist Space, Melbourne, Austrália.
1990 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1990 Alliance Francaise, Sydney, Austrália.
1988 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1987 CAE, Moore Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1986 Gabriel Art Gallery, Melbourne, Austrália.
1986 Doncaster Art Gallery, Doncaster, Austrália.
1985 Galeria Ana Isabel, Lisboa, Portugal.
1983 SNBA - Sociedade Nacional de Belas Artes, Lisboa, Portugal.
1980 Museu Francisco Tavares Proença Júnior, Portugal.